TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foods to avoid or limit
- Food to eat
- Nutritional information
- Sample Meals
- Download Printable Food List PDF
The Accelerated Food Guide is not designed to make you feel restricted forever, but if you are suffering from inflammation, chronic issues, weight gain, and more, I advise you to try eliminating what you can until you heal your gut and are happy with how you feel!
Look at this list every few days and try to make a new change; you don’t have to change everything on day one if it is overwhelming. You are on YOUR health journey and can adjust things at your own pace.
There are many “healthy” foods that are making you sick, overweight, and tired.
FOODS TO AVOID OR LIMIT
You want to avoid the following oils:
- Canola oil
- Rice bran oil
- Sunflower oil
- Corn oil
- Soybean oil
- Cottonseed oil
- Safflower oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Peanut oil
I recommend using the following oils:
- Organic cold-pressed olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Duck fat
- Coconut oil
You want to avoid sucralose, saccharine and aspartame. They can not only trigger an insulin response and increase your appetite but can also damage your gut and lead to cancer. I recommend using stevia, monk fruit, organic raw honey and xylitol in moderation. Although they are better, they can back up the liver for some people.
Pasteurized Cow Dairy
Unfortunately, most people have an inflammatory response to pasteurized dairy because it is heated at high temperatures to kill pathogens, which also kills the enzymes to break down the food. This can lead to Leaky Gut and inflammation. Many people notice an improvement in their bowel movements, sinuses, and inflammation when they eliminate dairy.
Also, dairy is meant to “fatten” the baby cows so it can fatten you too! Some people are fine with dairy but really pay attention to how your body responds. If you can’t lose weight or heal your chronic inflammation, eliminate dairy until you are at your health goal.
Many think drinking diet soda that incorporates fake sweeteners is “Keto friendly,” when in fact, diet soda not only turns the body extremely acidic which leads to a breeding ground for viruses, bacteria, candida, and other foreign pathogens, but also leads to chronic pain, aging, a compromised immune system, and increased sugar cravings.
It is more important than ever to stick to organic foods; the GMOs trip up the detoxification pathways in the body, leading to Estrogen dominance, weight gain, and chronic disease.
Nuts are supposedly a KETO superfood, but they combine fat and carbs together; no other food does this in nature except dairy! Fat and carbs combined cause weight gain. Enjoy them once you are at your goal. Most nuts, especially almonds, are full of oxalates!
Sulfur Foods to Avoid or Limit
Sulfur is a compound found in many foods, medications, and even health supplements that have to be metabolized by our bodies' detoxification pathways.
One paradox is that healthy, sulfur-rich foods such as kale and broccoli may be leading to diseases such as Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, and even mental health issues.
Learn more about foods containing sulphur and how it can impact on your gut.
Avoid or limit the following sulphur rich foods during the cleanse:
- Egg Yolks
- Glutathione (does not include the LifeWave Glutathione patch)
Oxalate Foods to Avoid or Limit
Oxalic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that is a toxic and corrosive acid. When it attaches itself to a mineral like calcium, magnesium, potassium or salt, it becomes an oxalate, i.e. sodium oxalate, potassium oxalate, magnesium oxalate, and calcium oxalate.
If you are new to oxalates, then I recommend reading my article Symptoms of High Oxalates to learn more.
- Almonds Spinach
- Almond Milk
- Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard
- Beet Tops
- Goat Dairy
- Black beans
- Carrot juice
- Dried pineapple
Why Limit Vegetables, Grains, and Beans?
As you will note on the list above, I’ve recommended avoiding and limiting some vegetables, grains and beans.
Some vegetables, grains, and beans that have oxalates, sulfur, and lectins cause bloat and weight gain due to the “plant poisons” in them. By eliminating all beans, all grains, and most vegetables except cucumbers, asparagus, artichoke, zucchini, squash, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, and celery, you are eliminating the most common offenders.
Once the gut is healed you can start incorporating these vegetables again.
Lectin Foods to Avoid or Limit
Lectins are proteins that bind to carbohydrates. The same features that lectins use to defend plants in nature may cause gut issues. Lectins resist being broken down in the gut and are stable in acidic environments, features that protect lectin-containing plants in nature.
Lectins seem to not bother people as much as sulfur rich and high oxalate foods. However, the following are ones to initially stay away from.
- Nightshades: Tomatoes, Eggplant, Peppers, Potatoes
- All Beans, including Spouts, all Lentils, Pea protein
- Grains: Wheat, Oats, Quinoa, Rye, Bulgur, White Rice, Brown Rice Barley, Corn, Spelt, Wheatgrass, Barley
- Corn Syrup, Cornstarch. CORN IS ALL GMO. AVOID
- Dairy from “A-1” Cows
- Nuts & Seeds: Pumpkin seeds, Sunflowers seeds, Chia seeds, Peanuts, Cashews.
High Histamine Foods to Avoid or Limit
Histamines cause inflammation in the body and can trigger many health conditions. These may or may not be trigger foods for you:
- Fermented foods
- Aged foods
- Fish and shellfish
- Bone broth
Mold Foods to Avoid or Limit
Mold foods can trigger autoimmune issues, allergies, and more. Sometimes the body is more sensitive to these during different times of the year. You may be able to eat them sometimes but not always. Mold foods include:
- Pea protein
- Non-organic coffee
- Green beans
- Green olives
- Aged cheese
- Brazil nuts
- Sesame seeds
FOODS TO EAT
Below are foods low in oxalates, sulfur, mold, histamines, and lectins that are good to fill your plate with! Watch the portion control on the high-sugar fruits.
Wild Animal Protein
Consuming 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of desired lean body mass from wild animal protein and wild fish will satisfy your appetite, build lean muscle mass, eliminate bloat, heal the gut, and keep you in fat-burning mode.
Animal protein including lamb, bison, deer, grass-fed beef, elk, wild salmon, arctic char, and other wild fish are complete proteins that include all of the essential amino acids, high omega 3 fatty acids, collagen, and the essential vitamins like Vitamin D, E, and Vitamin B’s that are needed for muscle growth. They also have the essential amino acids that trigger a hormone called CCK in the gut that tells the brain to suppress the appetite. These meats are less acidic than pork and conventional beef and are easier to digest.
Wild animal meats for your food list
- Grass-fed grass finished beef
- Cornish game hen
- Wild fish (salmon, trout, arctic char, etc.)
My favorite websites to purchase wild animal meats:
www.northstarbison.com - North Star Bison stock a wide variety of wild animal meats, not just bison. I love their Bison jerky sticks, ground bison, ground lamb, bison hot dogs, beef bratwurst, bison bratwurst, rack of lamb, and more. This is my favorite site!
www.buyranchdirect.com - Buy Ranch Direct has great grass-fed grass-finished beef, beef and lamb salamis, ground lamb, bison, and beef. And much more!
Additional foods to eat
Egg whites. Yolks may be ok for you but they do contain sulfur.
Fats and Oils including butter, ghee, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Potatoes (limit carbs)
- Brown rice (limit carbs)
- Bell Pepper
- Spaghetti Squash
- Winter Squash
- Under 20 grams of carbs for weight loss
- 20-100 grams with weight maintenance and exercising daily
- Focus on low carb vegetables that are on the list
Use the healthy fats in moderation if weight loss is a goal. Let your body “snack” on its own fat stores to stay in ketosis. Eating the fats that naturally come with the wild animal protein is ideal, but no need to add more.
If weight loss is not a goal, then fill in with the healthy fats on your veggies, meats and salads. These include butter, ghee, organic olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
After taking the Accelerated Keto in the morning, you want to wait as long as you can until you are hungry— that can be until 9 am or 3 pm!
Get in touch with your true hunger signals. When you break your fast, choose a wild animal protein snack or meal. That will actually increase your glucagon, the “fat-burning” hormone more than during fasting. Don’t eat extra fat unless weight loss isn’t part of your goals.
Your energy comes from hydration and electrolytes. So use the Accelerated Salt, Wild-Lytes, Quintessential .9, and Ola Loa throughout the day for energy. They don’t break a fast.
The idea is to prioritize wild protein, keep the whole vegetable carbs low and fill in with fat according to your weight loss or weight gain goals.
Marinades and Dressings
My favorite marinades that work on almost anything are listed below. These make cooking easy and sooo tasty! I don’t have time to make my own marinades and I count on these to make my food taste amazing! I make my meals within 15 minutes, and my kids think I am a gourmet cook!
Seal-a-meal and Foodsaver make a marinator that can marinate meat in 20 minutes, which is great for busy people! I make my meals within 15-30 minutes. You don’t have to be a gourmet cook!
These marinades can be found cheap at www.thrivemarket.com:
- Noble Made Classic BBQ sauce, Mustard BBQ Sauce, Smoky BBQ Sauce, Ketchup
- Primal Kitchen Ketchup, dressings, and marinades.
- Galeos dressings and marinades
Meal 1 can be a pure protein meal or you can add low carb veggies to it. Meal 1 ideas:
- Eggs– hard boiled, omelet, scrambled with some bison sausage or bacon (northstarbison.com). The meats can always be cooked ahead and taken with you during the day.
- Bag of Bison jerky sticks or sausage from northstarbison.com
- Carnivorecrisps.com crispy jerky– lamb, bison, beef
- Lamb salami from buyranchdirect.com
- Leftovers from the night before (that is the easiest!)
- Bison bacon and avocado and sauteed vegetables on top
- Bison Burger with poached egg on top, seasoned with Accelerated Salt
Dinner can include a salad, veggies and protein. Vegetables are optional; that is not where you are getting your nutrition from, but feel free to eat them for enjoyment. They may help some with bowel movement.
The meats below are available at www.northstarbison.com and www.buyranchdirect.com.
- Bison burgers on iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, mustard, etc.
- Lamb burgers with a green salad and veggies broiled or bbq
- Bison ribeyes on the BBQ
- Ground lamb or bison with organic spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash
- Ground lamb or bison meat balls with Accelerated Salt and a Noble BBQ marinade mixed in.
- Rack of Lamb, broiled with mustard bbq sauce, rosemary, and Accelerated Salt
- Bison filets on the bbq, seasoned with Accelerated Salt and pepper
- Ground bison, lamb, or grass fed beef in a saute pan with Mustard BBQ marinade and Accelerated Salt. (EASY!! Done in ten minutes!)
- Bison Bacon, sausage, bratwurst on the bbq, under the broiler, or in a pan on the stove
- Use ground lamb, bison, or grass fed beef for meat balls- mix in rosemary, Accelerated Salt, and a marinade, roll in balls, and broil in the oven. Top with organic spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash.
- Wild Alaskan salmon, trout or arctic char sauteed in a pan with butter or ghee, Accelerated Salt and possibly Galeos Miso dressing
- Leftover meat tossed in a green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, Galeos dressings
- Stuffed bell pepper with ground bison or ground lamb topped with one of the marinades or organic dijon mustard
- Broil, steam or bbq veggies to add to your meals. Top choices: artichoke, asparagus, zucchini, spaghetti squash, carrots, bell pepper, cucumbers, and romaine lettuce. You can use Organic Olive Oil Spray or Olive oil, butter, ghee or avocado oil.
If you are someone that needs something sweet after dinner, below are some ideas:
- Frozen organic cherries
- Lakanto chocolate chips (thrivemarket.com)
- Apples (in moderation)
- Yogi Kava Kava Tea
- Brown rice cracker topped with non-dairy organic cream cheese and crumbled Carnivore Crisps
Do you have any recipe ideas for the cleanse? Make sure you share your recipes with the group on Telegram!