Chinese Herbal PMS Formula For Menstrual Cramps & Related Pain
1. Addresses menstrual pain with heat signs.
2. Use for endometriosis, painful ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, chronic PID,
chronic abnormal vaginal discharge, and various stages of cervical
intraepithelial neoplasia (cervical dysplasia), with heat signs.
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
- Clears bound Qi, stagnant Qi, and stasis of blood
- Clears heat and dampness in the lower jiao
- Cools blood heat
Internal: 3 capsules, TID
90 capsules, 650mg
Patrinia whole plant, bai jiang cao, Sargentodoxa herb, da xue teng, Cyathula root, chuan niu xi, Melia fruit, chuan lian zi, Yarrow aerial, ya luo, Chinese Peony root, chi shao, Poria sclerotium, fu ling, Fennel seed, xiao hui xiang, Tangerine peel, chen pi, Cang-Zhu, Atractylodes, rhizome, cang zhu, Bai-Zhu Atractylodes, rhizome, bai zhu, Phellodendron stem, bark, huang bai, Black Cohosh root, sheng ma, extract.
Unlocking addresses a complex pattern that may have taken some years to develop. In this pattern, dysmenorrhea or other pathological conditions (see Therapeutic Actions) are the results of damp heat mutually wrestling and knotting with stagnant Qi and blood in the lower burner. Stress, iatrogenesis (diseases caused by medical intervention), poor diet, smoking, and alcohol use, and exposure to sexually transmitted diseases facilitate dampness and heat to become entangled with stagnant Qi and blood giving rise to a common syndrome pattern seen in American women.
1. Some or all of the following signs and symptoms of this pattern may be present;
premenstrual lower abdominal pain, which worsens during the period, excessive
malodorous vaginal discharge, vaginal pruritus, vaginitis, herpes genitalia or cystitis prior to the onset of menstruation. Low back, sacral, or sciatic pain before or during the menses, foul-smelling menstrual discharge or clotted, purplish blood, or blood resembling thick stewed purplish red jam may be present. The tongue may manifest as swollen and red with a greasy, yellow coating in the rear. The pulse may be wiry and rapid and possibly slippery, sodden, or deep in one or more positions.
2. Excellent results have been reported regarding the use of this formula in the treatment of endometriosis.
• Heavenly Water or Woman’s Balance when symptoms of PMS are present.
• Channel Flow for acute menstrual cramps.
• Three Immortals for menopause.
• Nine Flavor Tea for kidney yin deficiency.
• Combine Unlocking with Bupleurum Entangled Qi for uterine fibroids and cysts with
heat signs (2 capsules of each formula QID).